As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
OVERVIEW: This is an excellent opportunity for program participants to acquire and strengthen skills in core supply chain areas including manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, engineering, quality assurance, safety, and planning. Additional responsibilities will be guided by business initiatives.
Ideal candidates for this position are individuals who have demonstrated the potential to excel in a leadership/management role and/or have the ability to lead projects with significant impact.
We’re committed to finding and developing the future leaders of our company. To do this, we look for people with the self-motivation, passion and the interpersonal communication skills to help us grow. Therefore, if you take your career as seriously as we take our water, you should consider a career at Nestle Waters North America (NWNA).
As a participant in our 10-12 week Internship Program, you will begin an exciting journey of personal and professional development. You will be groomed for future Leadership opportunities in a fun, technical and quality-driven manufacturing environment. Technical and Production Leadership plays a key role in achieving our standards of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence. You will gain in-depth knowledge of our daily operations and understand how manufacturing teams interact as you proceed through key rotations in our Operations and Technical Departments, as well as functional rotations in Logistics, Quality, and all support areas.
- Champion the Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiative through developing the site’s knowledge and effectiveness at Communication, Problem-Solving, and Measure (Short term)
- Become the coach/trainer in building the site’s capability to implement Basic DMAIC, problem-solving and root-cause analysis; become the site’s Go-See Think Do (GSTD) champion
- Develop self in DMAIC skills (short term); re-apply & support site’s improvement projects
- Provide key team support for the Daily Operational Review (DOR) action register, GSTD & NCE/C.I. follow up
- Support the Efficiency Improvement Tools (E.I.T.) initiatives
- Provide on-the-floor training for key measurement systems; analyze key Performance Indicators
- Develop skills and provide back up support for the Production Resource positions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related area of study
- Good academic standing, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Good base knowledge in Problem-solving, root-cause analysis, and statistical methods
- Strong communication skills – enjoys preparing and delivering presentations
- Effective leadership in team and group activities
- Strong project management, measurement, analysis, troubleshooting, communication, and teaching/training skills
- Solid computer skills – MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.) will be involved with Training
- Professional writing skills
- Preference will be given to students who show interest in returning for multiple work terms, and may be interested in joining as a permanent employment upon graduation
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brand is Nestea. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters? The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.